Make your Internet of Things device cable-free by adding WiFi. Take advantage of the Raspberry Pi and Beagle Bone's USB port to add a low cost, but high-reliability wireless link.
Miniature WiFi (802.11b/g/n) Module
Make your Internet of Things device cable-free by adding WiFi. Take advantage of the Raspberry Pi and Beagle Bone's USB port to add a low cost, but high-reliability wireless link. We tried half a dozen modules to find one that works well with the Pi and Bone without the need of recompiling any kernels: its supported by the Bone's Angstrom/Debian installation that comes with each Bone as well as Raspbian and just about any other modern Pi operating system. You'll have wireless Internet in 10 minutes! Works great with 802.11b/g/n networks.
If using with a Beagle Bone: Because of the high power required by WiFi, a 5V 2A power adapter is required to power both the Bone and WiFi. Flaky behavior and crashes may result if this is not followed! Check out a tutorial for using this module with the Beagle Bone!
If using with a Raspberry Pi: The latest Raspbian distributions support this module out-of-the-box. Check out a detailed tutorial for how to set up WiFi networking on the Pi If you have a model B you may find that you need to have a powered hub to use this adapter, so if you're having power flakiness with your Pi, try a hub!
Please note: These are good for home/office usage with a Raspberry Pi when the router is nearby. For installation projects or large-scale distribution, we strongly recommend upgrading to this stick with a larger antenna - especially if you plan on putting the Pi behind something or inside an enclosure/wall/box/sign/etc!
The WiFi module may look slightly different than above, but all modules shipped contain the same chipset and have equivalent performance, the only difference is the plastic shell and any printing. We have requested to minimize packaging and now ship without a CD since all modern computers have support built in. If you need drivers, see the Technical Details tab
- RTl8192/8188CUS Chipset
- Sticks out 8mm (0.3") beyond USB port
- Weight: 2.17g
- Wireless Standards: IEEE 802.11n (draft), IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11b
- Host Interface: High speed USB2.0/1.1 interface
- Data Rate: 802.11n: up to 150Mbps (downlink) and up to 150Mbps (uplink) , 802.11g: 54 / 48 / 36 / 24 / 18/ 12 / 9 / 6 Mbps auto fallback, 802.11b: 11 / 5.5 / 2 / 1 Mbps auto fallback
- Frequency Band: 2.4GHz ISM (Industrial Scientific Medical) Band
- Chipset: Realtek
- RF Frequency: 2412 ~ 2462 MHz (North America), 2412 ~ 2472 MHz (Europe), 2412 ~ 2484 MHz (Japan)
- Radio Channel: 1 ~ 14 channels (Universal Domain Selection)
- Range Coverage: Up to 3 times farther range than 802.11g
- Antenna Type: Integrated Antenna
- Roaming: Full mobility and seamless roaming from cell to cell
- RF Output Power: 13 ~17 dBm (Typical)
- Modulation: 11n: BPSK, QPSK, 16QAM, 64QAM with OFDM, 11g: BPSK, QPSK, 16QAM, 64QAM, OFDM, 11b: DQPSK, DBPSK, DSSS, CCK
- Data Security: 64/128-bit WEP Encryption
- WPA, WPA-PSK, WPA2, WPA2-PSK. TKIP/AES
- Network: Auto-switch to use 802.11n or 802.11g or 802.11b mode
- Supports Ad-Hoc, Infrastructure WLAN network, Wireless roaming, Data rate auto fall-back under noisy environment or longer range distance, Site Survey with Profile function
- Configuration & Management: Plug-and-Play setup and installation, Management Utility supports 2000 / XP/ Vista
- Media Access Control CSMA/CA with ACK
- LED Indicator Link/Active ( Blue )
- Operating Temperature 0°C to 40°C
- Storage Temperature -20°C to 75°C
- Operating Humidity 10% ~ 90% (Non Condensing)
- Storage Humidity 5% ~ 95% (Non Condensing)
- Requirements: Available USB 2.0 port
- Download drivers (shouldn't be necessary but in case) from this site, look for the RTL8188CUS download table
I’m a Return and Refund policy. I’m a great place to let your customers know what to do in case they are dissatisfied with their purchase. Having a straightforward refund or exchange policy is a great way to build trust and reassure your customers that they can buy with confidence.